fredag den 27. april 2007

Bitter Sweet

I'm going to Istanbul.
I decided six months ago to apply for studying abroad and just got accepted two days ago. I thought i was getting this information on email and have been waiting and waiting for a month now, so I called the International department in my University and she told me that my application had been accepted. I wasn't prepared for that information at all, the reason that i called in the first place, were to find out when i could expect to get answer on my application, but wow there it were... It was odd, because all of a sudden I wasn't happy about it, but were at the same time happy about the answer. I then called my best friend, who started to cry...Hmmm, now i was feeling even worse, and sad as well. I called Samia who were and still is, in totally denial (as always, det er jo en herlig ting at mestre) I called my other friend, who got mad at me and the next who also became sad, but was looking forward to come and visit me. I was overwhelmed with all kinds of feelings just then and there, but the most penetrating feeling was how much i would miss all of these wonderful people, who i'm blessed to have in my life.

And i'm scared... I'm going to a city which has 22 million citizens and i come from Denmark which only populates 6 million people. It's 3000 km away from home and i don't talk the language, well i understand a bit, but i can't communicate in turkish. I can say: Ben türkce bilmiyorum. Which means: I don't talk turkish. :) I believe i'm going to say that a lot.
But
It is indeed a dream which has become true, i've been dreaming about studying abroad since high school and my wish has finally become true. Turkey is a muslim country, there is only 1% none muslims and i'm so exited to live in a country where the head religion is Islam, i will also be there during the Ramadan, which i have heard should be quite an experience. The universities aren't made for religious people, you are not allowed to wear hijab at universities for example (because of Atatürk, whom tried to modernize and secularize Turkey). But since Islam is the head religion, it's still different from Denmark, i'm looking forward to visit some of the worlds largest mosqe's and experience islam as beeing a majority instead of a minority.
Ins'Allah it will bring me closer to my Creator.

I'm going in four months and this post won't be the last i write of it.
I will spend this summer with the ones i love and care about and i will ins'Allah use my time properly.

Jeg ved at mit ophold i udlandet vil få mig til at indse, hvor velsignet jeg er. Jeg ved at jeg er heldig og ekstremt velsignet med min fantastiske familie, biologisk, og med venner som er som familie. Jeg kan aldrig takke Gud nok for de vidunderlige mennesker jeg har i mit liv, min familie, venner og ikke mindst mine fanastiske dejlige veninder. Det gør ondt i mig ved tanken om hvor meget jeg kommer til at savne dem, hvor svært det vil blive at sige farvel og hvor meget jeg vil mangle dem ved min side det halve år jeg er afsted.
De er alt for mig og deres kærlighed og støtte er det mest uundværlige i mit liv. Hver og en af dem har en helt speciel og unik plads i mit hjerte, hvilket er hævet over ethvert tid og rum. Jeg ved at de vil være tæt på mig i tanken og i mit hjerte, men hvor bliver det dog svært!
Jeg håber og beder til at de ved hvor stærk min kærlighed til dem er og at de ALTID, uanset hvor jeg end befinder mig, er en del af mine tanker, hjerte og sjæl - en kæmpe del af mig.
Jeg ville ikke være Mig, uden dem!

1 kommentar:

hema sagde ...

hey, is istanbul in tukey or egypt? (do you think we've killed that joke already? although i did have to think about it and double check!)
update already, i check this blog every day just in case:( samia has tagged you.
ps i'm glad that salah presentation had an effect on you, but i don't understand arabic either:( the pictures were pretty though.
elsker dig