torsdag den 20. september 2007

İzmit

So where was i...
İ love İzmit! This city is so small, at least compared to İstanbul. İt only populates 1 1/2 million people. You only have to walk 10 minutes from the city center to the seaside. There are small parks everywhere and just a nice atmosphere. İ love it here. İt is really because of the people i met here, i have never felt so welcomed my entire life and their hospitality is just too much as i don't know how to ever repay them. İ already have so many wonderful experiences from here to keep in my heart and it is bitter sweet to leave for İstanbul. İ can find self around here and have really settled and now i have to start all over when i go to İstanbul, but i will be okay insAllah.
İ did my first namaz in a mosque here - Fevsiye Mosque. (we don't have mosques in Denmark, they're working on it İnsAllah) İt was a really special experience for me and my friend who took me there couldn2t stop crying because of it. My first namaz was here as well, at Sevgis. People just go crazy when i put on the hijaab and old ladies in the mosque all come and ask where im from and that they have a son or a grandson for me LOL
İt's so funny to see how people react on me, they're not used to foreigners or converts. So they go like: Mashallah MashAllah! and pinch my cheeks and its just so sweet how happy people become because of my islam. But i also track some attention. İm blond, very blond! Typical scandinavian fair with blue eyes and new in islam and namaz and have a small paper in front of me when i pray to remember all the sura and dua and of course people notice that lol.
But i love this mosque, it's so peaceful - not too small nor too big, its perfect!
My friend Sevgi and her husband have 4 restaurants here, we always go there as its placed very central. İ make friends all the time, its so funny how it works here. They meet me, for example through sevgi or my other friends and want to know all about me and like 5 minutes after they want to exchange phonenumbers and take me places to eat or see. They buy me presents - my friends and people i just met. For example, me and sevgi went to her tailor, she was going for some new dresses. the tailor was a friend of hers, so we sat and chatted and before i knew it, they started to take measures on me, because her friend wanted to make me a dress (i got it today, it is so nice). İ mean i just met this women...
İm beginning to feel embarrassed because i don't know how to give them back and when i try, by paying for example, they get offended and wont let me. İts just their culture, but im not used to it (even though we should really take their example in Denmark)
İ feel so blessed (did i say that already).
The backsides are the men. İ can't walk on the street alone without tracking too much attention and even if i just walk in front of Sevgi they give me comments and stuff like that. İ hate it, come on have some respect! İm fully covered except my hair and yes its blond, but get over it! My mum constantly tells me to wear hijaab (how weird is that to hear that from her) when i go around by myself, a friend of hers daugther did the same and no one approached her or gave her comments. İ dont know, we'll see how it goes.
My friend Ayşe is coming tomorrow yeaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh and Samia soon as well İnshAllah. İ just can't wait to stand next to them in prayer and to show them around this wonderful city and İstanbul and for them to see and feel the atmosphere. İt really is something special! My dad will also come in 3 weeks, i can't wait - orh daddy i really miss him (im sooooo daddys girl - he still thinks im 12 or something) İ spended the first days of the ramadan here, oh what a blessed month! What an atmosphere! And for the Tahravi pray - oh man its just the best. When you and hundreds others goes down in prostration and when the imam recites the Quran everyday there. İ could just go on and i will in another post...

May Allah shower you all with His endless blessings upon you and your families.

2 kommentarer:

Min babys vej til verden... sagde ...

mash'allah for alle de oplevelser du er blevet velsignet med min skat. jeg er så glad for at du får oplevet dette eventyr og glæder mig såååå meget til at komme. tak for alt du bidrager til mit liv, ved ikke hvor jeg ville være uden dig, seriøst skat- du er mit alt. elsker dig. xx

hema sagde ...

you describe everyone so vivedly i feel like i'm there with you! it's good to see you're settling in so well.x